So I thought I'd write something as more of a appreciation post for my girls; my high school besties and my support system. These girls have been there for me through everything, whether that be a bad grade for an exam or a heartbroken me; they have been there. And really, I love them so much. Like it's weird because I have always said, the two relationships you can choose in life are your friends and your partner; but with these girls, it was just meant to be.
We met on the first day of high school where dorky me was trying to be cool and make friends and somehow, I found these girls and thought 'They're brown, I'm brown. Let's be their friend' and that was the best decision I ever made. Now almost 13 years later, my girls are my biggest blessing in life. I am so grateful for everything they do but I know they will always be there and that for me, is why I love them.
I am very different to them, whether that be our career paths, how intellectual we are or even our personalities but they have always accepted me the way I am. We have that banter which is rude, offensive and super sarcastic but it doesn't need to be said that it's just how we are. They are the type of people who would be honest and open about anything I was doing. Whether that would be a guy that I met on Tinder or a top I was wearing; they would tell me what they thought. But they never ever have forced an opinion and have always backed me in every situation.
These girls are more family than friends and honestly, you should be jealous of what we have; I know I would be if I was you. For me, I have lost a lot of people in the last few years and so I appreciate these girls more than I ever have. I know that we will grow older together, be bridesmaids at each others' weddings and have a Mum Club once the kids start coming.
So to my girls, thank you for being my friends and I will always love you. Always and forever.
- athera -
No comments:
Post a Comment